perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Web interface

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Web interface

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Peter Jacobs <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Web interface
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 12:47:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hey Peter,

I’ve added your and Carl’s suggestions to the issue tracker: https://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/issues/detail?id=903

We should be able to make some changes to make that easier in the next release.

Cheers,
Aaron

On May 15, 2014, at 8:55 AM, Peter Jacobs <> wrote:

Thanks for all the great work on this tool.  I am still new to the product, but am enjoying and appreciate its value.  I hope to get mode nodes deployed soon.

I have a suggestion for the perfSONAR web interface (if I might be so bold).  When I have multiple nodes open at the same time I get confused which node I am on as I flip between browser tabs. I would appreciate it if the Node DNS name was more prominent on the page.   For example, my eyes are drawn to the list of Communities on the home page because they are in large type for some reason.
 I would recommend that the Node’s DNS name be inserted in larger black text directly under the pS Logo on the left hand column, or top and centre on every page one tabs to.  Another option would be to change the tab text to be the DNS name so they are clearly labeled in the browser.

Just a thought.

Peter

Peter E.    (506)447-3035
Director, Research Support Services