perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] thrulay on Solaris issue?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] thrulay on Solaris issue?

  • From: Mark Ashley <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] thrulay on Solaris issue?
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 18:10:53 +1000

Hi folks,

Whilst compiling bwctl on Solaris using the Sun Studio compilers:

configure: WARNING: Disabling thrulay support

because:
12641 case $uname in
12642 SunOS*)
12643 with_thrulay=no
12644 ;;
12645 esac

and on http://software.internet2.edu/bwctl :

"BWCTL compiles on Solaris. However, Thrulay does not work on that
platform so is not compiled in. If anyone has any interest in updating
thrulay to work on Solaris let us know."

I've ported thrulay, nuttcp, I2util and iperf3 to Solaris 8, 9, 10 and
11, SPARC and i86pc, today, packages are up on:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/sparc/

I didn't do any exercising of the software yet, (that's bwctl's job
right?), so I was curious if it was something like an ioctl etc that
didn't work, or simply a porting issue? I ported it kicking and
screaming, but that's normal for most code from authors who think the
world is linux :) iperf3 was a lot trickier actually.

Let me know if there's a real issue, otherwise I'll just tweak the
configure and compile bwctl to use thrulay.

ta,
Mark.