perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] combining latency & throughput on one test point

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] combining latency & throughput on one test point

  • From: "David A. J. Ripley" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] combining latency & throughput on one test point
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 12:54:56 -0400

Hi there; I'm looking at setting up a perfsonar test point that will be used
*only* for ad-hoc testing - getting that out there first, because this is (I
think) a separate issue from the upcoming unified scheduler:

Is there a current best practice for having owamp and bwctl available on the
same host, while keeping them from stepping on each others toes? (I can use
separate NICs for each service, but that creates a different set of
challenges.)

Based on the docs, it would seem that since bwctl 1.5.1, having testers use
only the bwctl/bwping clients (rather than iperf/owping etc directly) will
take care of things, but I'm just checking to see if there are
other/different/better ways.

Thanks!

D.