perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] bwctl speed questions

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] bwctl speed questions

  • From: "Koch, Brian" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] bwctl speed questions
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 20:52:29 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Latency shows ~0.7ms with 0% loss.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Tierney
[mailto:]

Sent: Friday, May 02, 2014 3:35 PM
Cc: Koch, Brian;

Brian: What latency is the path you are testing? Does owamp show any packet
loss on that path?

Try doing a test with iperf3, which will give you TCP retransmit count.

bwctl -c hostname -I iperf3 -i1 -fm -x -t20

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Aaron Brown

--
Brian Tierney, http://www.es.net/tierney

Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), Berkeley National Lab

http://fasterdata.es.net