perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Add custom parameters on LSRegisterRequest message: is it possible?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Add custom parameters on LSRegisterRequest message: is it possible?

  • From: Sowmya Balasubramanian <>
  • To: Raphael Augusto Dourado <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Add custom parameters on LSRegisterRequest message: is it possible?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:05:31 -0700

Hi Raphael,

The perfSONAR community is now using a REST/JSON based lookup service called Simple Lookup Service (sLS). The registration is a combination of perfsonar defined and user defined queries. So, adding your own keywords is very easy.
You can find more information about sLS here: https://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/NewLSprojectPlan. If you have any questions about sLS, I will be happy to answer them.

Coming to your question, you can use the <nmwg parameter> tag with name=keyword and value attributes to add your special keywords. You will be able to search for this in future queries.

Example: <nmwg:parameter name="keyword" value="your value here"/>

Hope this helps!

Sowmya