perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Updated Firewall Document

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Updated Firewall Document

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Ralph Niederberger <>, perf-node-users Users <>, perfsonar-user <>, perfsonar-ps-users <>, "" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Updated Firewall Document
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 10:09:44 -0400

Hi Ralph;

Please note that this discussion began in March, with much time for the
community to weigh in on matters:

https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/arc/performance-wg/2013-03/msg00000.html

While I am sure I will not convince you that this is the 100% correct
approach, be aware that first and foremost the measurement tools must be
useful to end users and operators. This is all in response to feedback that
points to interoperability problems and a lack of guidance on the proper way
to configure basic test infrastructure. The approach must be weighed in
terms of usability and functionality. The document is not an endorsement of
firewalls, or even a hard requirement that everyone must follow. It does
note that for an interoperable experience that benefits the community (for
those that use firewalls, and for those that do not) we need to speak the
same language with regards to configuration.

If you have further commentary on this matters, the performance working group
()
is the proper venue to continue the discussion.

Thanks;

-jason

On Jul 1, 2013, at 7:35 AM, "Niederberger, Ralph"