perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Installing Maddash

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Installing Maddash

  • From: Alan Whinery <>
  • To: Thomas Tam <>,"" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Installing Maddash
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:37:01 -1000

Hi Thomas,

Although I'm not sure whether it covers maddash, we have a perfsonar and Centos mirror at:

http://mirror.ancl.hawaii.edu/

Which should be fully REN accessible.

-Alan

Thomas Tam <> wrote:
I'm trying to install Maddash on a perfonar 3.2.2 server. I've following the instruction at the Internet2 website to add the repository. When I tried to run the following I got this message. I believe it is because our server only has access to R&E network, there is no internet access. It can't reach mirrorlist.centos.org. Does anyone know any mirror site available on the R&E network? How can I update the configuration to use an alternate mirror site?

[root@mtrl2pfs1 yum.repos.d]# yum install maddash
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Determining fastest mirrors
Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=i386&repo=os error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (97, 'Address family not supported by protocol')>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

Best regards,
-Thomas