perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Problems using mesh generator

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Problems using mesh generator

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: David Mitchell <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problems using mesh generator
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:54:04 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hey David,

On 3/5/13 5:53 PM, "David Mitchell"

>Aaron,
>
>thanks for the help. I'm getting there. The docs didn't mentions a
>different GUI package but I found it easily. I also found I needed to add
>the various config files to
>/opt/perfsonar_ps/toolkit/etc/config_daemon.conf. The generate_gui_script
>also complained about maddash not being in the file with this error:
>[mitchell@ps
> bin]$ ./generate_gui_configuration
>2013/03/05 15:51:12 (9736) ERROR> ConfigClient.pm:128
>perfSONAR_PS::NPToolkit::ConfigManager::ConfigClient::restartService -
>Problem restarting service maddash: Method restartService returned error:
>Access denied: no service maddash in list at
>/opt/perfsonar_ps/toolkit/bin/../lib/perfSONAR_PS/NPToolkit/ConfigManager/
>ConfigDaemon.pm line 164.
>2013/03/05 15:51:12 (9736) ERROR> GUIAgent.pm:388
>perfSONAR_PS::MeshConfig::GUIAgent::__restart_service - Problem
>restarting maddash: Couldn't restart service maddash via toolkit daemon
>at
>/opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/bin/../lib/perfSONAR_PS/MeshConfig/GUIAgent.
>pm line 343.
>2013/03/05 15:51:12 (9736) ERROR> GUIAgent.pm:258
>perfSONAR_PS::MeshConfig::GUIAgent::__configure_guis - Problem restarting
>service maddash: Problem restarting maddash: Couldn't restart service
>maddash via toolkit daemon at
>/opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/bin/../lib/perfSONAR_PS/MeshConfig/GUIAgent.
>pm line 343.
>

> but adding it just go a different complaint seen below. I presume I need
>to define this service somewhere, but I'm not sure where:
>[mitchell@ps
> bin]$ ./generate_gui_configuration
>2013/03/05 15:52:08 (9775) ERROR> ConfigClient.pm:128
>perfSONAR_PS::NPToolkit::ConfigManager::ConfigClient::restartService -
>Problem restarting service maddash: Method restartService returned error:
>Invalid service: maddash at
>/opt/perfsonar_ps/toolkit/bin/../lib/perfSONAR_PS/NPToolkit/ConfigManager/
>ConfigDaemon.pm line 175.
>2013/03/05 15:52:08 (9775) ERROR> GUIAgent.pm:388
>perfSONAR_PS::MeshConfig::GUIAgent::__restart_service - Problem
>restarting maddash: Couldn't restart service maddash via toolkit daemon
>at
>/opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/bin/../lib/perfSONAR_PS/MeshConfig/GUIAgent.
>pm line 343.
>2013/03/05 15:52:08 (9775) ERROR> GUIAgent.pm:258
>perfSONAR_PS::MeshConfig::GUIAgent::__configure_guis - Problem restarting
>service maddash: Problem restarting maddash: Couldn't restart service
>maddash via toolkit daemon at
>/opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/bin/../lib/perfSONAR_PS/MeshConfig/GUIAgent.
>pm line 343.
>
>I am able to restart maddash-server by hand and the GUI now loads, so I
>am making progress! Thanks for bearing with all my questions!

With the 3.3 version of the Toolkit, you won't have that issue. In the
interim, it's probably easiest to just set "restart_services" to 0 in the
gui_agent_configuration.conf, and then just restart the service manually.
You can also set "use_toolkit" to 0, and then it'll try writing those
files directly instead of trying to use the toolkit configuration daemon.

Cheers,
Aaron