perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] GÉANT SA2 T2 MDSD survey - invi tation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] GÉANT SA2 T2 MDSD survey - invi tation

  • From: Wiktor Procyk <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] GÉANT SA2 T2 MDSD survey - invi tation
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:36:31 +0200

Dear perfSONAR user,

this invitation was previously sent to GÉANT partners, so it is possible you already received a similar invitation.

As perfSONAR is used on a wider scale than the European NRENs, we would like to kindly invite you to fill our survey if you are familiar with any of the following services in a multi-domain environment. Your responses would be of particular interest to us, if your multi-domain environment consists any of the following GÉANT tools or services:
  • Bandwidth on Demand
  • perfSONAR(-MDM)
  • Static Wavelength
  • AutoBAHN
  • cNIS
  • I-SHARe

We are part of a team in the GÉANT project handling the planning for Multi-domain Service Coordination & Operations. As an organisation which has had some implementations of GÉANT services and tools, we kindly ask for your help and support in improving these services and tools.

Completing the survey will take approximately 10 minutes. The survey aims to collect feedback about your experiences with Multi-Domain Service Desk, services and tools provided by GÉANT community. The collated responses will contribute to a useful external evaluation and suggest to us areas that
should be improved.

The survey is available at https://gymnocladus.man.poznan.pl/mdsd-survey

There are also 7 additional more open questions:

1. Have these multi-domain services been promoted to you? I mean that do you think that you are aware of these services within your domain and in the multi-domain environment?

2. Have you had any enquiries in past about multi-domain connections in the past or monitoring which could have been easily implemented by using these multi-domain services but you were not able to provide them due to cost issues or extra operational workload to implement them?

3. Which of GÉANT tools and services do you find useful? What do you think, will there be considerably more demand for these multi-domain services in the future when your users are more familiar with these services?

4. Does small popularity or other circumstances of the service in other domain limit usage of the service in your domain?

5. Have you ever had any enquiries about the service which is NOT currently in GÉANT portfolio? If so, please elaborate. If no, what new service would be extremely useful to your organisation?

6. Do you know that MDSD Planned Maintenance Calendar is available to you?

7. Do you have had any issues or problems accessing or using GÉANT services?

If you prefer - we can phone you to give some explanations - then just reply with your number. You can reach us via telephone +48 618582023 (Łukasz), +48 618582015 (Wiktor) or via skype as lukasz.grzesiak , jpmyyry and wiktorpr.

Łukasz Grzesiak, Jani Myyry and Wiktor Procyk
GN3 SA2 Task 2 Team

  • [perfsonar-user] GÉANT SA2 T2 MDSD survey - invi tation, Wiktor Procyk, 10/23/2012