perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Central SNMP Mearsurement Archive Database

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Central SNMP Mearsurement Archive Database

  • From: "Robert V. Bolton" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Central SNMP Mearsurement Archive Database
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:33:36 -0600

Hello,

I'm just getting started with perfSONAR and I'm trying to get my head wrapped around a few things. I'm with the University of Utah and we have discussed setting up a few perSONAR boxes in a few different location around our network and were looking into the idea of a central SNMP Measurement Archive. If I'm reading the documentation correctly this can be done, yet I haven't seen any documentation on the details of the set up. Is this done by a server running software like Cacti or is this data stored locally on the perfSONAR box in RRD files? If anyone has any resources that better explains the function of the SNMP Measurement Archive I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

--
Robert V. Bolton
Systems Administrator