perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] negative latency results in the data.

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] negative latency results in the data.

  • From: Boote Jeff <>
  • To: Matt Crawford <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] negative latency results in the data.
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:12:17 -0600

I don't know what you mean by 'i have check the source and destinaion clock'.
I don't see any ntp information listed here, which is what you would need in
order to know how well synchronized your clocks are.

If you get negative latencies, it is almost always because your source clock
is ahead of your destination clock. They might even both be synchronized, but
if the latency between them is smaller than the error in those clocks you can
get negative values. The only way to know is by looking at the error bounds
of your synchronization. Look at NTP error estimates.

Jeff