perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Query re: adjusting bwctl/iperf command-line switches

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Query re: adjusting bwctl/iperf command-line switches

  • From: Chris Tomkins <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Query re: adjusting bwctl/iperf command-line switches
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 17:22:13 +0100

Hi,

I hope I am using this soap-box appropriately. Please feel free to
ignore me or berate me if not. Firstly, many thanks to those
responsible for PerfSonar, it's an excellent tool.

I would like to use PerfSonar to collect bandwidth/latency/jitter/loss
statistics for some networks that have recently had QoS deployed for a
future voice/videoconferencing network. However, in order to do so I
would like to adjust the switches that are set when perfsonar calls
bwctl - specifically I would like to change the DSCP/ToS settings that
iperf uses and also the server port. I have had a good look around the
documentation and forums, and have also dug around the filesystem and
experimented with inotifywatch to try to catch the files being
modified, but no luck.

I would be very grateful for any help or comments - and regardless,
many thanks for reading.

Chris

--
Chris Tomkins