perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 3.2.2-rc2 beta testing

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 3.2.2-rc2 beta testing

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: , " Users" <>, perfsonar-ps-users <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 3.2.2-rc2 beta testing
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 21:30:10 -0400

All,

We have a release candidate of the next version of perfSONAR-PS Toolkit now available. Note that this is NOT a final release and it is not recommended you install it on your production system.  If you have a machine available for testing, we'd like volunteers to try installing the release candidate LiveCD or NetInstall distribution. We also welcome people to try testing upgrades. No matter which scenario(s) you test, we have made available a checklist of things to verify to help guide your testing: http://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/PerformanceToolkitTestingChecklist

This release contains bug fixes and minor improvements. For a description of the changes please see the page here: http://psps.perfsonar.net/toolkit/releasenotes/pspt-3_2_2_rc2.html

Downloads available here:

LiveCD:

NetInstall:

If you'd like to try the NetInstall upgrade process, you can follow the instructions below to point to our test yum repository:
2. yum localinstall Internet2-repo-0.2-7.noarch.rpm
3. yum clean all
4. yum update
5. Restart your host

In terms of timeframe,  we'd like to have this round of testing completed by C.O.B. Friday if possible. We'd appreciate any feedback by then to be sure that it will make its way into the release. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Andy Lake

  • [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR 3.2.2-rc2 beta testing, Andrew Lake, 04/09/2012