perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] strange iperf UDP results

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] strange iperf UDP results

  • From: Joseph Bernard <>
  • To: Michael Sinatra <>, "" <>
  • Cc: Brian Tierney <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] strange iperf UDP results
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:12:56 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

I replaced the Broadcom with an Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter card and
got the same results. I then noticed that the version of iperf on CentOS
5.7 I've been using is 2.0.4 instead of 2.0.5. I loaded up PS-PS and
replaced 2.0.5 with 2.0.4. I am now getting 950Mb/s on UDP. I was using
2.0.5 on my Macs for testing. I compiled 2.0.4 and went from 800Mb/s to
900Mb/s. So it looks like iperf is the problem here.

Thanks,
Joseph

On 2/14/12 6:55 PM, "Michael Sinatra"