perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] strange problem with perfSONAR-BUOY Regular Testing (Throughput)

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] strange problem with perfSONAR-BUOY Regular Testing (Throughput)

  • From: "Buraglio, Nicholas D" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] strange problem with perfSONAR-BUOY Regular Testing (Throughput)
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:58:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I have a perfSonar node that had been working from the liveCD for weeks,
doing a bit of everything for a while, but primarily as a throughput node.
It recently had a 10G interface installed (eth2) and was migrated to that as
it's only live interface. About a week ago, we noticed that the throughput
testing had stopped and that the box wouldn't restart the throughput services
(bwctl and perfSONAR-BUOY for throughput). I didn't see anything regarding
those processes in the logs and thought that maybe it was an artifact of a
lot of us in the box tweaking it and it having had pretty much everything
turned on; it was our first test deployment so it got a lot of attention and
a lot of changes were made.
I took this as an opportunity to install to disk and rebuild it. Even after
a fresh install I can't seem to get it back to it's state of throughput
testing. perfSONAR-BUOY fails to start pretty reliably. Basically I'm
looking for some insight into where to look for the problem as far as logs or
the like, or if I've just become a victim of user error.
The host in question is perfsonar.ix.ui-iccn.org and it's got a pretty
vanilla install of 3.2 with only one throughput test set up.
Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

nb

---
Nick Buraglio
Network Engineer
University of Illinois CITES / ICCN
GPG key 0x2E5B44F4
Phone: 217.689.4254

  • [perfsonar-user] strange problem with perfSONAR-BUOY Regular Testing (Throughput), Buraglio, Nicholas D, 02/28/2011