perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] troubleshooting problems using perfSONAR

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] troubleshooting problems using perfSONAR

  • From: Brian Tierney <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] troubleshooting problems using perfSONAR
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 08:50:45 -0500

Hi All:

We have started a simple HOWTO guide for network troubleshooting using
perfSONAR.

See: http://fasterdata.es.net/fasterdata/troubleshooting/overview/

Please let me know if you have any feedback on this page.

Note that step 4 involves looking for bwctl servers in the Lookup Service.

This was what motivated my email about the Lookup Service a couple days ago.

There seemed to be a number of people who said they were running the
perfSONAR NP Toolkit, but I did not see their services in the Globus Lookup
Service. I wanted to make sure their lookup service was not behind a firewall
or not functioning.