perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Where's sshd?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Where's sshd?

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: Chris Heermann <>
  • Cc: , Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Where's sshd?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 16:50:59 -0500

Hi Chris;

I am cross posting this to performance-node-users. I have also added a FAQ item to address this issue.

Thanks;

-jason

On 12/14/10 4:42 PM, Aaron Brown wrote:
Hey Chris,

On Dec 14, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Chris Heermann wrote:

After installing 3.2 and 'chkconfig --level 35 sshd on' then rebooting, the
sshd values are lost/reset to what appears to be part of the pS
initialization process. sshd is not enabled upon reboot and requires manual
intervention to initialize. I don't think it is anything that I've done
(although the disk is cloned). Are you aware of it? If so, is it done
intentionally? Please send a work around so that chkconfig values for sshd
are preserved during initialization for when the system reboots.

On the toolkit, the initialization of the various services, including ssh, is
controlled via the web interface. If you go to
https://[host]/toolkit/admin/enabled_services , you can enable ssh (along
with enabling/disabling any other of the tools/services). What happens is
that the toolkit disables ssh during the boot process, if it isn't enabled by
that mechanism.

Cheers,
Aaron