perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Freezing

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Freezing

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Daniel Paiva <>
  • Cc: , Suruagy Suruagy Monteiro <>, Daniela Brauner <>, Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Freezing
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 08:23:22 -0400

On Sep 1, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Daniel Paiva wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I have been experiencing a freezing problem with my perfsonar-ps 3.1.2.
> The disk space is ok.
>
> Any hints, or help, please?

Does the machine just become unresponsive to the network, or does it hang
completely? Would we be able to get a copy of /var/log/messages (a link to it
is probably best since that file can grow rather large :) )?

You may try upgrading to 3.1.3, and see if that fixes the issue. It updated
the kernel, which may be the source of freezing.

Cheers,
Aaron