perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR AS service

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR AS service

  • From: Łukasz Ogrodowczyk <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR AS service
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:37:30 +0200

Dear Herbert Monteiro,

More information about AS, testing AS and EduGained Test Tool you can find
here:
https://wiki.man.poznan.pl/perfsonar-mdm/index.php/Authentication_Service_re
sources
https://wiki.man.poznan.pl/perfsonar-mdm/index.php/Testing_the_AS

But as Candido said about EduGained Test Tool:
"EduGained Test Tool is something that I developed during Geant2 but it
could be obsolete. Unfortunately I cannot upgrade it in order to integrate
with the current eduGAIN infraestructure. So, I suggest to use the
Playground tab of the perfSONAR UI. At least, for the X.509 digital
certificate based profiles it is the same."

It is possible to paste message generated by EduGained Test Tool to the
Playground.

In PerfsonarUI v0.17 there are "Options" on Playground tab. There you can
check "Enable authorization and authentication" option and you can choose
"SASL CA server" and "Enable use of eduGAIN Metadata service". When you
would like to send request (AuthN, AuthR etc.) to AS service (located at
"Service address") after you press "Query" the dialog box ("Enter
credentials") appear and you can paste your username and password to obtain
certificate from Identity provider.

Are these informations helpfull?

>You use the Playground to send an assign message that was generated by
other way?
What you mean?

regards
Łukasz Ogrodowczyk