perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Get EMPTY throughput test results from most server.

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Get EMPTY throughput test results from most server.

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To:
  • Cc: , perfsonar-ps-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Get EMPTY throughput test results from most server.
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:21:47 -0400

Hi Jialu;

The servers you list below are BWCTL endpoints, not perfSONAR MA servers. You will need to choose a perfSONAR-BUOY server from the list:

http://ndb1.internet2.edu/perfAdmin/directory.cgi#PSB_BWCTL

Thanks;

-jason

On 7/16/10 3:48 PM, Jialu Pu wrote:
I'm try to follow the doc at
http://psps.perfsonar.net/client-doc.html#MA_BWOW_3 to get throughput data.
It used to work and was able to query data from most server.
But for now I tried many sites and only successfully get throughput
results from
tcp://iperf.its.vanderbilt.edu:4823
SRC:129.59.197.62
DST:192.111.110.34

tcp://issf-perfsonar.alcf.anl.gov:4823
SRC:192.31.99.110
DST:140.221.83.201

For others, it returns empty xml file.
For some sites, it even returns empty endpoints.
Is it because there's no data in the server or should I modify the query
script?

Thanks.
Jialu Pu