perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] nptoolkit not saving ip info

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] nptoolkit not saving ip info

  • From: James Grace <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] nptoolkit not saving ip info
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:53:44 -0400

Hey list,

I've found a strange "feature" of the latest np-toolkit release.  After setting up networking during the initial config, the networking fails after a reboot.  The oddity comes in the form of the configuration "jumping" from one NIC to another.  I have 5 NICs on this box and when I configure a NIC, when I reboot, the OS switches the symbolic device name (eth0) to another NIC on the board.  This is troubling when trying to set up a new node.

Cheers,
James Grace
Network Engineer / Systems Administrator
AMPATH / CIARA
Florida International University
Miami, Fl, USA

  • [perfsonar-user] nptoolkit not saving ip info, James Grace, 06/29/2010