perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Prerequisites for SSHTELNET_configurator.jar

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Prerequisites for SSHTELNET_configurator.jar

  • From: Błażej Pietrzak <>
  • To: Rodrigo Dlugokenski <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Prerequisites for SSHTELNET_configurator.jar
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:12:31 +0200

Rodrigo Dlugokenski pisze:
Hi all!

I'm trying to deploy the telnet/ssh mp, and the service is running fine in
tomcat.

But my problem is with the SSHTELNET_configurator.jar. When I try to run it
quits with message below:

arch-mp1 Configuration_Tool # java -jar SSHTELNET_configurator.jar
sshtelnet.xml
org/jdom/IllegalAddException
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jdom.IllegalAddException
Could not find the main class: ServicePropertiesConfigurator. Program will
exit.

Trying to "fix" I installed JDOM and Jakarta-Commons libs, but no luck.

Is some another prerequisite that I don't have in my java enviroment?

My system:
ArchLinux
Java JDK +JRE 1.6u20
eXist db 1.2.6
Tomcat 5.5

I have the very same system for other services I already deployed, like RRD,
SQL, etc, and they're working as expected.
I tried the path with Ubuntu 8 and CentOS 5, but i've found much more
difficult to deploy than with archlinux, I bet that in Ubuntu/CentOS the
prerequisites are installed all automatically, even the indirect ones,
right?

Thanks for your attention,
Rodrigo

Rodrigo Dlugokenski
Research Assistant/Network Engineering and Computer Science Undergrad
Student
Informatics Institute of Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul - Brazil
Academic e-mail:

Professional e-mail:

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for using SSH/Telnet MP service.
It looks like the libraries that are used by the Configuration Tool are not found by the JVM. Those libraries are installed together with the Configuration Tool under the Configuration_Tool/lib directory. At first I thought that it is a problem with the working directory path, but it looks like it is something else. No matter what working directory I choose it works on both Ubuntu and CentOS.

In order to solve the problem I need help from your side.
Could you answer to the questions provided below, please?

1. What's under the Configuration_Tool/lib directory (ie. run "ls -al Configuration_Tool/lib" command)?
2. What's the output of the "java -version" command?
3. Could you provide those libraries in the classpath ie. run the command below:
"java -cp lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:lib/jdom-1.0b8.jar:lib/wss4j-1.5.1.jar -jar SSHTELNET_configurator.jar sshtelnet.xml".
Does it work for you?
4. Which package version have you used (e.g. 1.4RC2)?
5. Is it DEB or RPM package?

Best regards
Blazej

Blazej Pietrzak
Network Research and Development
Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center
Poznan, Poland