perfsonar-user - Perfsonar lookup service question

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Perfsonar lookup service question

  • From: "Weiping Mandrawa" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Perfsonar lookup service question
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:17:26 -0400

Hello, I am trying to understand lookup service based on the address

http://psps.perfsonar.net/client-doc.html

In the paragraph

The instance in the above example is the URL of an LS service to contact.
Examples
1. Find all SNMP Measurement Archives

There are examples how to crate XQuery to be sent to home lookup services

In the example code (XQuery to be sent up to home lookup based on Find all
SNMP Measurement Archieves)

(Line1) if($hLSResult->{response} && $hLSResult->{response} =~ /^new();
(Line2) my $hLSDoc =
$resParser->parse_string($hLSResult->{response});

For some reason, perl can't understand (Line1) to (Line2)

for example

in Line2 , it is using $resParser but $resParser is not declared anywhere in
the code
and when I run the code, it complains about it

if I change $resParser to $parser, it complains that

Thread 65 terminated abnormally: Can't call method "parse_string" on
unblessed reference

Thank you

  • Perfsonar lookup service question, Weiping Mandrawa, 04/30/2010