perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Debian lenny and MA service dependencies

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Debian lenny and MA service dependencies

  • From: Sasa Cavara <>
  • To: Yannis Mitsos <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Debian lenny and MA service dependencies
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:16:25 +0200

Quoting Yannis Mitsos
<>:

All,

In an effort to revive the perfSONAR (MA) installation at GRNET, we stumbled across a minor (?) issue. Namely, according to the MDM's administrator's guide (19/08/2009) the proposed linux distributions are either redhat 5 or debian 4. Actually, in our systems we have migrated to debian lenny since etch is not supported any more (since February 15th if I recall correctly).

We wouldn't have raised any issue but the MA bundle has dependencies to librrd2 which is quite old :) and definitely like to avoid "backportint" it.

Of course, I went through the archives of the list to check if it has been tackled in previous threads but without any luck. What do you suggest?

Hi Yannis,

Unless time is an issue, I would suggest you to wait for new MDM release which should come out very soon. Services that are part of MDM bundle will be compatible with Debian 5 (lenny).

--
sasa

Regards,

Yannis