perfsonar-user - perfsonarUIv0.16: Log messages don't help finding error

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

perfsonarUIv0.16: Log messages don't help finding error

  • From: "Niederberger, Ralph" <>
  • To: "''" <>
  • Cc: "Niederberger, Ralph" <>
  • Subject: perfsonarUIv0.16: Log messages don't help finding error
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:15:08 +0200
  • Accept-language: de-DE
  • Acceptlanguage: de-DE

Hi all,
especially Szymon (,Candido, and Nina)

still waiting for an answer since February 26th, March 8th, and March 13th.

I just tried to use the new version perfsonarUI vers. 0.16. Again
authentication does not work.
The log is attached as Text file.
The only what I had done before the error message came up was:

Start perfsonarUI
Choose "Enable authentication and authorization" from the "QUERY & search
options/Options-Menu"
Click on "Load metadata" from the "Execute query-Menu"

Has someone tried to solve this problem? Or do I have a new (different)
problem, than I had before with perfsonarUI v0.15b?

If MDS is in responsibility of DANTE, who should be contacted?
I assumed that DANTE will be reading the perfsonar-user list and would
provide detailed feedback.

Best regards

Ralph

> Dear Candido and Nina,
>
> haven't got any answer yet.
>
> Does this mean I should cancel usage of "authentication services" and use
> perfsonar tools without any security?
>
> This would implicate, that access to our perfsonar MA will be possible via
> WWW interface only.
> I would have to control access via Web-Server access tools.
>
> Any comments?
>
> Best regards
>
> Ralph

'';
'Szymon Trocha'
> Betreff: Re: AW: [perfsonar-user] perfsonarUIv0.15b: Log messages don't
help finding error

> Dear Ralph,
>
> Unfortunately MDS service management and support, it is neither mine, nor
Candido's responsibility,
> but one of DANTE , if I am not wrong. I hope task/activity leaders could
tell us better how MDS support
> is expected to work, and how visualisation tool developers should be
notified if some service in a
> distributed system like perfsonar has changed its defaults.
>
> Best regards,
> Nina

unknown

Message:
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.PSException:
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.PSException: org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.PSException:
org.perfsonar.base.exceptions.PerfSONARException: [unknown]:
https://mds.edugain.org MDS,https://mds.edugain.org,,,,mds,mds
MDS,https://mds.edugain.org,,,,mds,mds
Level:
SEVERE
Stack Trace:
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.PSException: org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.PSException:
org.perfsonar.base.exceptions.PerfSONARException: [unknown]:
https://mds.edugain.org MDS,https://mds.edugain.org,,,,mds,mds
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.aa.AAPerfsonarRequest.prepareEnvelope(Unknown
Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.AbstractMARequest.run(Unknown Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.AbstractMARequest.makeRequest(Unknown Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.SmartMARequest.makeRequest(Unknown Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.ma.MAPerfsonarModel$1.makeRequest(Unknown
Source)

org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.ma.ui.actions.SetupDataRetrieveAllAction.run(Unknown
Source)

org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.ui.actions.PerfsonarRequestAction$1.construct(Unknown
Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.ui.actions.GUIWorker$2.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.PSException:
org.perfsonar.base.exceptions.PerfSONARException: [unknown]:
https://mds.edugain.org MDS,https://mds.edugain.org,,,,mds,mds
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.aa.AASupport.getCertificate(Unknown Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.aa.AAPerfsonarRequest.prepareEnvelope(Unknown
Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.AbstractMARequest.run(Unknown Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.AbstractMARequest.makeRequest(Unknown Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.SmartMARequest.makeRequest(Unknown Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.ma.MAPerfsonarModel$1.makeRequest(Unknown
Source)

org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.ma.ui.actions.SetupDataRetrieveAllAction.run(Unknown
Source)

org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.ui.actions.PerfsonarRequestAction$1.construct(Unknown
Source)
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.ui.actions.GUIWorker$2.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
org.perfsonar.base.exceptions.PerfSONARException: [unknown]:
https://mds.edugain.org
org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.aa.AACertificate.retrieveCertificate(Unknown
[...]

org.perfsonar.perfsonarui.aa.AACertificate.queryMDS(Unknown Source)
[...]

[error.as.mds_query]: EduGAINMetadataService: a problem querying the MDS: null

org.perfsonar.client.base.authn.edugain.EduGAINMetadataService.getOrganizationList(Unknown