perfsonar-user - Re: [pS-dev] JAVA-RRD-MA on RHEL4: problems with the rrdjtool library

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [pS-dev] JAVA-RRD-MA on RHEL4: problems with the rrdjtool library

  • From: Fausto Vetter <>
  • To: Fausto Vetter <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [pS-dev] JAVA-RRD-MA on RHEL4: problems with the rrdjtool library
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:29:12 -0200

Hi Fausto,

Try to use the procedure "Installing the RRD MA on any UNIX-based OS" found in:

http://kb.perfsonar.eu/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=79

It might solve your issues.

PS: I am replying myself... :) But I thought it might be useful to the community. I will let you know if I succeeded.

Cheers,

Citando Fausto Vetter
<>:

Hi perfSONAR Lists,

Has anyone successfully installed the java RRD-MA on a RHEL 4 box?

I am having the following problem:

sudo rpm -ivh rrdjtool-1.0-1.x86_64.rpm
warning: rrdjtool-1.0-1.x86_64.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 22bd62d4
warning: only V3 signatures can be verified, skipping V4 signature
warning: only V3 signatures can be verified, skipping V4 signature
error: Failed dependencies:
rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by rrdjtool-1.0-1.x86_64

It seems the rtld is part of glibc, and it is only available from version 2.6. All forums I am investigating do not recommend to update the glibc due to compatibility issues. Is there any src.rpm package available to this library so I can build the rrdjtool on the system I am using?

Cheers,

Mr Fausto Vetter
Network & Services Support Engineer

DANTE - www.dante.net