perfsonar-user - Re: AW: [perfsonar-user] Performance Problem : perfsonar-java-rrd-ma 3.2

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

  • From: David Schmitz <>
  • To: Piotr Pikusa <>
  • Cc: "Niederberger, Ralph" <>, "P.Heiligers" <>, "" <>, DFN-NOC <>, Szymon Trocha <>, Nina Jeliazkova <>,
  • Subject: Re: AW: [perfsonar-user] Performance Problem : perfsonar-java-rrd-ma 3.2
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 11:09:25 +0100 (CET)

> Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:34:11 +0100
> From: Piotr Pikusa
> To: David Schmitz
> Cc: "Niederberger, Ralph"

> <>,
> DFN-NOC
> <>,
> Nina Jeliazkova
> <>
> Subject: Re: AW: [perfsonar-user] Performance Problem :
> perfsonar-java-rrd-ma
> 3.2
>
> These issues you report concern on two different things realized by two
> steps
> in psUI.
> First is to get info about all the interfaces, what is realized by
> requesting
> exist and metadata file. It should be fast and it doesn't depend on time
> interval. Peter's case shows it makes some troubles when metadata file
> contains hundreds of interfaces, for David 19 seconds is too long. What is
> disturbing getting info about 700 ifs takes 6 minutes and about 100 ifs
> takes
> 19 seconds - I must check it. Second step is to get information about
> particular interface depending on time period what is realized by rrd base
> (or
> sql when you use sql-ma). When you have many entries in this database time
> of
> realizing query hardly depends on technical base limitation and queries
> optimization sending to them from service. Ralph indicates some problems in
> this area.
> To make services possibly fast I would like you to help me sending
> sometimes
> statistics of requests and responses processing by your services. Will you
> help?
> Now I'm focusing on performance tests of rrd-ma and sql-ma services to found
> bottle necks and determine way to improve performance. Thank you for
> cooperation :)
What is the current status of your investigation?
Are there already plans how to improve the performance of the RRD MA?

Best Regards
David

--

David Schmitz

Boltzmannstrasse 1, 85748 Garching
Telefon: +49 89 35831-8765
Fax: +49 89 35831-9700
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum, Germany
Mail:

  • Re: AW: [perfsonar-user] Performance Problem : perfsonar-java-rrd-ma 3.2, David Schmitz, 02/03/2010