perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Duplicate entries

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Duplicate entries

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: jim warner <>
  • Cc: , Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Duplicate entries
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 18:26:57 -0500

Hi Jim;

My 'Throughput Tests' screen has some duplicate entries. This happened, I think,
when I changed the duration between tests from 4 hrs to 1 hr.

Yes, by changing the duration this is a 'new test' to the database. Eventually the old data set will be moved to 'non-active' at the bottom of the screen. We are aiming to add more information to display to make this more evident in the next release.

I also don't understand
why I'm seeing just one direction (green dots) even through it says "yes" in the
Bi-Directional column.

The other direction is not succeeding. There may be a firewall in the way, there could be NTP issues on either end. Try doing a manual BWCTL test (e.g. bwctl -c HOSTNAME and bwctl -S HOSTNAME) from the terminal to get a better idea of what the tool is reporting.

Are there more detailed instructions for fiddling with the database entries?

No, this is an 'expert only' area and we would not recommend manually adding or deleting things.

Thanks;

-jason