perfsonar-user - partitions?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

partitions?

  • From: jim warner <>
  • To:
  • Subject: partitions?
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 19:12:50 -0800

I've got a nice dell 1850 that I'd like to use to try out the toolkit. It has a single 70 gig
drive. I see the recommendations, but I don't see minimums. I tried to see if I might
find helpful prompts in the install procedures. There is nothing to tell me how many
partitions I need and what their minimum sizes need to be, other than the example
that it might complain about 8 GB.

Is this hopeless?

What I'd really like to see is an install script that told me that I have an XX size
disk drive and therefore here's what we recommend. OK (Y/N)?
This will wipe your disk drive, OK (Y/N)?

I did go into the custom formatting screen and that seems to be just a disaster.
On my KB, the arrow keys seem erratic. The mouse doesn't work, and the
toolkit provides no instructions in any case.

Thanks for any help.