perfsonar-user - some errors occur on installing RRD-MA

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

some errors occur on installing RRD-MA

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: some errors occur on installing RRD-MA
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:22:30 -0400 (EDT)

I've encountered some errors while installing RRD-MA component.

---------------------------error messages-----------------------------
root@debian:/home/net#
apt-get install libconfig-general-perl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
oppd: Depends: libipc-shareable-perl but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify
a solution).
root@debian:/home/net#
apt-get install geant2-java-rrd-ma
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
geant2-java-rrd-ma: Depends: librrd2 but it is not installable
Depends: rrdjtool but it is not going to be installed
Depends: geant2-tomcat5.5-runscript but it is not going
to be installed
oppd: Depends: libconfig-general-perl but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libipc-shareable-perl but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify
a solution).
root@debian:/home/net#

i'm trying to install the perfSONAR-MDM-3.1 on my computer(Debian 4.0).

by reference to "Admin guide"(perfSONAR-MDM-3.1_Admin_guide_1.5.pdf), i was
cruising on install. There was some overlapped commands on prepare to install
each component.(editting /etc/apt/sources.list, install jdk, etc..)

i tried these NOT WORKING commands

"apt-get install librrd2"
"apt-get install rrdjtool"
or so.

even a tiny solution, your reply will be very helpful for me. thanx. :)