perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] RPMs available yet...

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] RPMs available yet...

  • From: Jeff W.Boote <>
  • To: Gerry Creager <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] RPMs available yet...
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:27:52 -0600

Hi Gerry,

On Mar 23, 2009, at 10:57 AM, Gerry Creager wrote:

I've got some systems I'm trying to deploy, and had hoped to find appropriate kernel and various RPMs to support CentOS-based installs. None of these systems have a CD or DVD ROM drive, so live disk boots are not in the cards.

Any timeframe for when we might be able to load and run this stuff via RPM?

Can you be a bit more specific what you mean by 'this stuff'? This is the general perfsonar users list. And, perfSONAR is a toolbox with many, many tools in it. The different tools have different release cycles and targeted users.

If you are referring to the pS-NPToolkit ISO functionality supported by the pS-PS development group, that we discussed with you at Joint Techs... Our current release cycle is setup to try and have that kind of functionality available early summer. Moving from Knoppix to Fedora is not something we can just do over-night.

thanks,
jeff

THanks, gerry
--
Gerry Creager --

Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983

  • RPMs available yet..., Gerry Creager, 03/23/2009
    • Re: [perfsonar-user] RPMs available yet..., Jeff W . Boote, 03/23/2009