perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar-mdm-bundle-3.1

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar-mdm-bundle-3.1

  • From: Jochen Reinwand <>
  • To: Gerry Creager <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar-mdm-bundle-3.1
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:12:35 +0100

Hi Gerry,

On Thursday 12 March 2009, Gerry Creager wrote:
> Howdy...
>
> Trying to set up a set of machines using the RPMs. I've a couple of
> questions.
>
> 1. Is there a kernel for CentOS with the Web100 patches already done
> and in RPM form?

We are not aware of any. We also would really like to have something official
for the machines we deployed running RedHat/CentOS ...

> 2. I tried to download and yum-install the packages (for some reason I
> couldn't make yum get 'em dynamically). There are a few dependencies
> I've run across:
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Log::Dispatch::Syslog) is needed by
> package oppd
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Log::Dispatch) is needed by package oppd
> Error: Missing Dependency: maven2 is needed by package geant2-java-rrd-ma
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(XML::LibXML) >= 1.61 is needed by
> package perl-NMWG
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Log::Dispatch::Screen) is needed by
> package oppd
> Error: Missing Dependency: jdk = 2000:1.5.0_14-fcs is needed by package
> java-1.5.0-sun-compat
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(IPC::Run) is needed by package
> oppd-mp-bwctl Error: Missing Dependency: perl(IPC::Shareable) is needed by
> package oppd Error: Missing Dependency: perl(IO::Tty) >= 1.02 is needed by
> package oppd-mp-bwctl
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(IO::Pty) is needed by package oppd-mp-bwctl
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Config::General) is needed by package oppd
> Error: Missing Dependency: librrd.so.2 is needed by package rrdjtool
> Error: Missing Dependency: jdk = 2000:1.6.0_06-fcs is needed by package
> java-1.6.0-sun-compat
> Error: Missing Dependency: libpcap.so.0.9 is needed by package softflowd
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Log::Dispatch::File) is needed by
> package oppd

Your yum seems to be completely broken! For example libpcap is, of course,
part of the main CentOS repository.

But keep in mind: Some of our packages require other packages that are not
part of the main CentOS repository. You can find more information about these
packages and other installation issues in the Admin Guide.

> 3. The version of yum included in this bundle is pretty old. Current
> version in CentOS 5.2 is yum-3.2.8.

I'm a bit confused here. There shouldn't be a yum package in the bundle. That
wouldn't really make sense, I think. But perhaps some of my colleagues knows
more about this. I don't know all the packages of all our services.

> Any help'd be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, that I wasn't able to give you more useful information. But I really
think that something is completely wrong with your CentOS installation.

cheers,
Jochen

--
Jochen Reinwand, DFN-Labor
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg

www.win-labor.dfn.de

  • perfsonar-mdm-bundle-3.1, Gerry Creager, 03/12/2009
    • Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar-mdm-bundle-3.1, Jochen Reinwand, 03/13/2009