perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] how to add JAVA RRD-MA to perfSONARUI

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] how to add JAVA RRD-MA to perfSONARUI

  • From: Nicolas Simar <>
  • To: hsuan <>
  • Cc: , Nina Jeliazkova <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] how to add JAVA RRD-MA to perfSONARUI
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:08:51 +0100

Hi,

there are three options:

1) you provide to Nina the URL of your web-services and she adds it to
the ma.conf files, so when pSUI is launched the web-service is known.
(recommended - it might take some times depending on Nina's travel - if
you need something short term for testing, I recommend option 2 in
parallel to your request to Nina)

2) you add yourself in the "interfaces" tab under "Service addresses",
click on "New" (a new entry appear at the bottom). Paste the web-service
URL into the "URL" field, Type the name of your network under "Name",
copy paste the other fields in a similar way than the "GARR" entry.
Click on Save. This method is useful for testing. The drawback is that
each time you are launching pSUI, you need to "Load" the the file you
have saved.

3) the last option is not yet available (further testing required). You
register your "RRD MA" to a "Lookup Service", that itself registers to a
"global Lookup Service". pSUI will in the future contact the gLS and
finds out your RRD MA. (this feature need to be made user friendly -
right now the back-end communication with the LSes is being tested).
This will be recommended in few weeks.

Best regards,
Nicolas

--