perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] How to transfer the measurement data to Measurement Archive?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] How to transfer the measurement data to Measurement Archive?

  • From: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • To: "hsuan" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] How to transfer the measurement data to Measurement Archive?
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:43:18 -0700

Hi Vicky,

If this is related to your previous questions... The data you are seeing in those archives is generated by hades and actually stored in hades specific data archives. The perfSONAR interfaces make the data available, but unless I'm mistaken do not allow you to store data.

A few of us are working on MA's that will allow storage of these types of metrics, but we don't have anything available for release that is specifically tuned for delay/throughput measurements at this time. (Specifically, We are aiming to release perfSONAR-BUOY before the end of this month, and it should have this functionality in addition to allowing you to manage a set of ongoing active tests using owamp/bwctl althought you may not be interested in this part of the functionality.)

Another possibility would be to use one of the more 'generic' MA's to publish this data (like the SQL MA).

jeff