perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with Flow Subscription MP/Client

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with Flow Subscription MP/Client

  • From: Hans Trompert <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Problem with Flow Subscription MP/Client
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:40:00 +0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)

Hello Amir,

This software is still beta, but I'm very glad your interested in using
it.

There are no public available Flow Subscription MP's, and I doubt if there
ever will be (due to the privacy sensitive nature of the data, and all
kind of legal problems). But in a smaller community where there is a level
of trust between the provider of the Netflow data and the clients, the
MP and client can be very useful.

Coming back to your problem, you are trying to use a Flow Subscription MP
at SURFnet, but you are not allowed to use this MP. You will have to setup
your own MP and configure the appropriate URI on the client.

Best regards,

HansT.

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008,