perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar UI's MA data

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar UI's MA data

  • From: "Nina Jeliazkova" <>
  • To: ,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfsonar UI's MA data
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:52:18 +0200

Hi Vicky,

wrote:

> Hi all :
> I have install perfSONAR UI, then when I run the perfSONAR UI , I found the
> perfSONAR UI have add a lot of MA. The MA's data is real time data or
history

Measurement acrhives (MA) contain history data which is gathered from real
network infrastructure, so you can consider MA providing real time data as
well. On contrast, measurement points (MP) allow performing on-demand tests.

> data ? I have add my MA into perfSONAR UI, can I export my MA's data?

By installing a MA service, you effectively are exporting your MA data.
PerfsonarUI is just a client, used to visualise the data, exported by various
MA (and MP).

You could add you own MA into the perfsonarUI list of MA via "Service
addresses" option. Click on "New" and edit the new entry. Then click on "Save"
to save the updated list into a file.
Use "Load" to load the file on subsequent PerfsonarUI runs.

Alternatively, you can configure your MA to register into a Lookup Service,
however, the current stable PerfsonarUI 0.13 has only a rudimentary support
for retrieving MA addresses from LS (which is going to change in next
release).

Hope this helps,
Nina Jeliazkova