perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR -BUOY BWCTL problem

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR -BUOY BWCTL problem

  • From: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • To: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR -BUOY BWCTL problem
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:50:50 -0600

On Oct 31, 2008, at 9:30 AM, Jeff W. Boote wrote:

It would be easier to help you if you actually showed the command you ran, and the error messages you saw - including syslog messages.

The port range that will be used, is defined by the 'sending' side of the test, and can be set using the peer_ports option in the bwctld.conf file on that system.

Sigh- that is what I get for sending email before my morning coffee... The port range is defined by the 'receiving' side. (Which opens up a new tcp listening port not related to the bwctl-control port.)

jeff

On Oct 31, 2008, at 12:49 AM,

wrote:

Hi all:
I try to run the bwctl tool from the command line, I set the "bwctl -s <server IP>" in client, but the client window
shown the message "bwctl: 25 seconds until test results available
RECEIVER START
bwctl: Remote 'sender' never initiated handshake - canceling
RECEIVER END
"
What's the problem? How can I use bwctl's tool(iperf) to run in the command
line ?

Best regards,

Vicky