perfsonar-user - Beta testing release 3.1

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Beta testing release 3.1

  • From: Stephan Kraft <>
  • To: GEANT2-JRA1 <>
  • Cc: "" <>,
  • Subject: Beta testing release 3.1
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:01:09 +0200

Dear all,

As for perfSONAR v3.0, we are looking for testers to evaluate the products
that we are planning
to release. The testing task involves downloading, installing and
configuring some of our web service products. Your feedback on the
experience will then be used to improve the products before the final
release.

From perfSONAR v3.0, we have a list of beta testers for the different
services.
You can find it here:

http://wiki.perfsonar.net/jra1-wiki/index.php/PerfSONAR_v3.0_beta_testing

Maybe the same people can do the beta testing for v3.1?

We should also add others to do testing, so we can learn as much as possible
from the tester's experiences.

The testing process should be very quick and will happen mostly in
end of september and october. Testers with varied backgrounds are
required (sys admins, network engineers, software engineers, etc). If
you are interested, can you please let me know by the end of this week
(22th of August)?

Thanks,
Stephan

ps: If you don't have a server to do the testing, we can arrange to
grant you access to a test machine.

--
Dr. Stephan Kraft, DFN-Labor
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg

www.win-labor.dfn.de