perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] SSHTelnet MP

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] SSHTelnet MP

  • From: Stijn Melis <>
  • To: Nicolas Simar <>
  • Cc: Rodesch Christian <>, Loukik Kudarimoti <>, ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] SSHTelnet MP
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:30:51 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

because this was asked before, I can answer on Christian's behalf:

"the server on which I installed perfsonar 3.0 is a virtual VMware server running Suse Linux 10.3 with now 512MB RAM, before it had 256MB of RAM which was too few for the services I installed. These are:

XML LS
rdd MA,
AS,
SSH/Telnet

and the standard requirements of perfsonar as exist,rrd tool,...

So now with 512MB it works fine. This virtual machine is dedicated to
perfSonar."

Regards,

Stijn

Nicolas Simar wrote:
Hi Christian,

what is the amount of RAM that was too little?
What is the new amount for which it works?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Nicolas

Stijn Melis wrote:
Hi all,

as a general update on this bug (bug 449 on bugzilla):

The problem was with Christian's machine. It had too little memory, so when loading the services (he deployed more than one), the machine was out of memory when the SSHTELNET MP was to be loaded.

Christian updated his machine with more RAM, and now everything works fine.

Regards,

Stijn