perfsonar-user - perfSONAR MDM bundle 3.0 now available!

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

perfSONAR MDM bundle 3.0 now available!

  • From: Loukik Kudarimoti <>
  • To: , , MDM pilot <>, GEANT2-JRA1 <>,
  • Subject: perfSONAR MDM bundle 3.0 now available!
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 18:20:55 +0100

Dear All,

Thanks to the dedicated effort from 11 project partners, we are happy to announce the release of perfSONAR MDM bundle 3.0!

Read more about it or download it now from http://wiki.perfsonar.net/jra1-wiki/index.php/PerfSONAR_v3.0

Highlights of this release:
- Significant improvements to software installation
We now provide Linux distributions (RPMs and Debian packages) for all software. Download the files and simply type one command to install. Even the core dependencies are packaged by us for easy installation.We officially support RHEL 5 but we have tested our software to work on RHEL 4 / 5, Fedora 8, Centos 4.4 / 5 & Debian 4.

- New 'Web Admin' interface
When you install the software, you will be presented with a slick web based configuration interface. This makes configuration, administration and support of software extremely easy.

- Authentication and Directory services (Lookup)
The software now supports validation of identities specified by eduGAIN. Software deployment can be configured to only accept requests that are accompanied by a validated identity. You can get an identity from various Identity Providers such as GIdp.

- The bundle contains 10 different web service software developed by GÉANT2 project partners, RNP, Internet2 and partners.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask us at . Users part of the perfSONAR MDM service can of course contact the service desk ()

On behalf of the release team,
Luis Marta and Loukik Kudarimoti

L o u k i k K u d a r i m o t i

* * Network Engineer
* * City House, 126 - 130, Hills Road
* Cambridge CB2 1PQ, United Kingdom
* WWW: http://www.dante.net
D A N T E Tel:+44 1223 371300 Fax:+44 1223 371371

  • perfSONAR MDM bundle 3.0 now available!, Loukik Kudarimoti, 05/07/2008