perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] RRD-MA - config updated in eXist, then what?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] RRD-MA - config updated in eXist, then what?

  • From: Jon K Hellan <>
  • To: Nicolas Simar <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] RRD-MA - config updated in eXist, then what?
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:49:38 +0100

Nicolas Simar wrote:
Hi Jon Kare,

Roman will soon get back to you :)
Can you explain how your automatic upload works? (I am wondering if and how your developments could be used by other participants).

We have a script that selects the interfaces we want perfSONAR to know about and generates a config file. This script queries the NAV system, which knows about all our boxes and interfaces.

A cron job periodically runs the script to generate a new config, and compares it to the config already in eXist. If it has changed, a new version is uploaded. We also keep a copy of the config under version control, so that we can keep track of how the config evolves.

Jon

Best regards,
Nicolas

Jon K Hellan wrote:
I made a script that automatically uploads a new rrd-database_XXXX.xml to eXist when our topology changes.

What must be done do make the RRD-MA see the change? I've been restarting Tomcat, but there has to be a less heavy handed way.

Can I do whatever I have to do by invoking an URL from a script?

Jon Kåre Hellan
UNINETT