perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] SQL metadata config file

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] SQL metadata config file

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Tijmen van den Brink <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] SQL metadata config file
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:15:04 +0200

Tijmen van den Brink wrote:
Hi everybody,

We are two students of the "Universiteit van Amsterdam" and we're doing some research on the perfSONAR framework. I installed the SQL Measurement Archive and managed to get it working. however I'm still a bit confused. Currently the SQL MA web service has a sql metadata config file. This file contains the description of measurement data stored in a relational database (as stated on the internet). However I still don't know what this file is for and when this file is used. Any ideas?

Hi Tijmen,

Well, as you wrote metadata configuration file describes measurement data stored in the relational database of the Measurement Archive. SQL Measurement Archive uses this configuration file while retrieving data as well as while registering to Lookup Service.
See more info in this doc: http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/perfsonar/tags/JAVA-SQL-MA-1.0/doc/ma/sqlTypeMA/Metadata_Configuration_File_Specification.doc

You can also follow the configuration guide to find out how to use this file:
http://wiki.perfsonar.net/jra1-wiki/index.php/SQL_MA_Stitching_Guide

Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Ntw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. (+48 61) 8582022
http://noc.man.poznan.pl ::: http://noc.pionier.gov.pl

  • SQL metadata config file, Tijmen van den Brink, 06/18/2007
    • Re: [perfsonar-user] SQL metadata config file, Szymon Trocha, 06/18/2007