perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR installation problem

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR installation problem

  • From: Valentin Rosic <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR installation problem
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:31:14 +0100

Frederic LOUI wrote:

> You can see that there is no process listening to *.8180 :-(

Hm... I see that exist is running... as far as I know, ubuntu installs java common by default, so if you installed sun java via apt-get you need to select it by entering:

x@y:/$
sudo update-alternatives --config java

also, try sourcing your /etc/profile, and restart everything

x@y:/$
sudo killall java
x@y:/$
source /etc/profile
x@y:/$
sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat start
x@y:/$
sudo /etc/init.d/exist start (or /usr/local/exist/bin/startup.sh)

hope this helps
--

srdacan pozdrav/regards,

Valentin

Valentin Rosic

CARNet - Croatian Academic and Research Network
J. Marohnica 5, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia

email: valentin.rosic @ carnet.hr
web: http://www.carnet.hr
tel: +385/1/666 1 627