perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Good news...

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Good news...

  • From: "Vedrin Jeliazkov" <>
  • To: Jerome Durand <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Good news...
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 22:27:31 +0300

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the good news ;-)

Jerome Durand

> We now manage to get our stats for all the backbone using perfSONAR1.0
> :) Thanks for your help.
>
> We'll secure a bit the thing and then open the server so everyone can
> access. We'll publish server info in the wiki when ready.
>
> Next step will be the LS... I understood there is an LS in PSNC where I
> could register?

I know about three publicly accessible LSes deployed in PSNC, ISTF and RNP:

http://loco4.man.poznan.pl:8090/axis/services/LookupService
http://selena.acad.bg:8070/axis/services/LookupService
http://200.128.80.172:8080/axis/services/LookupService

They should be considered rather as test instances, deployed while an
agreement on the way the production LS(es) would be organized/operated is
being sought. At the time of this writing RNP's LS is not responding. A quick
look at the following graphs would give you an idea how unstable are all these
services up to now:

http://netmon.acad.bg/smokeping?target=svc.prfs.LS.PIONIER
http://netmon.acad.bg/smokeping?target=svc.prfs.LS.ACAD
http://netmon.acad.bg/smokeping?target=svc.prfs.LS.RNP

> Can it be used by perfSONARUI ?

Short answer - not yet.

Support for LS in perfsonarUI is under development. We're testing it against
ISTF's LS. Hopefully we'll be able to release a LS-enabled version of
perfsonarUI quite soon. However, its usefulness would ultimately depend on the
availability of either centralized LS in which all other services register, or
a traversable hierarchy of LSes.

At some point of the future multi-LS would become the preferred solution (when
it gets implemented).

Kind regards,
Vedrin