perfsonar-user - perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request

  • From: "Jeff W. Boote" <>
  • To: GN-JRA1-list <>,
  • Subject: perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:14:24 -0600

The perfSONAR development team would like to request that all existing installations upgrade to the 'release 1.0' version of the RRD MA and LS services.

This is the first production release of perfSONAR and we would like to specifically deprecate all versions prior to this release.

We are aiming for a 'flag day' of August 17 to have all publicly available services upgraded.

Upgrading will facilitate easier development of clients, because they will not need to support multiple versions of protocol/schema interaction.

Thank You,
perfSONAR release management team

  • perfSONARinstallations: Upgrade Request, Jeff W. Boote, 07/31/2006