perfsonar-user - Re: [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] Python RRD MA returns empty response

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] Python RRD MA returns empty response

  • From: Roman Lapacz <>
  • To: Nicolas Simar <>
  • Cc: Sven Ubik <>, ,
  • Subject: Re: [I2G2-Proto] [perfsonar-user] Python RRD MA returns empty response
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:42:50 +0100

Nicolas Simar wrote:
Hi Roman,

Roman Lapacz wrote:

Hi Sven

I've checked this. My rrd config file and request are similar to yours and ... I can get correct response.

Could you check 'service.ma.rrd.conf_file' property in perfSONAR-MA/service/etc/service.properties file to be sure that you are using the right rrd config file?

Besides, I remember that Vedrin and Nina deployed both versions of RRD MA and it was working fine for them.

Where could be the problem of sending empty messages? (based on your internal knowledge about the service?)

... by the service, right?

When RRD MA service can not find metadata in its rrd config file then it can not send back measurement data. Now it sends empty response but in the future should reply with error code (the discussion about error codes is ongoing).

Roman

Would there be a way in the future to have additional messages which indicates if the MA hasn't been able to retrieve the data, if there was no data, etc?)

Would the problem most likely be with the data retrieval from the python MA to the RRD. Is this correct?
What could go wrong there? (rrd java class, the format of the MA).

Cheers,

Nicolas