perfsonar-user - perfSONAR UI questions (fwd)

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

perfSONAR UI questions (fwd)

  • From: Sven Ubik <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: perfSONAR UI questions (fwd)
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:04:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I am reposting a message from
.
Does anybody know answer to some of the points?

I have a couple of perfSONAR UI questions, I am using version 0.05.

- When I connect to our Java RRD MA, it retrieves the list of interfaces,
but it shows N/A in utilization and rate fields. But when I change time
selection next to the rate graph, it displays the graph correctly.

- Default time selection for the rate graph is "last week", when I click
on "last 90 minutes", it does not move to last 90 minutes, but it only
moves one step above to last day. I have to click on last 90 minutes
repeatedly to actually move there step by step. Is that expected
behaviour?

- I looked at debugging log and it shows that perfSONAR UI tries to
retrieve averages over such periods as:

<nmwg:parameter name="resolution">5400</nmwg:parameter>

<nmwg:parameter name="resolution">168</nmwg:parameter>

<nmwg:parameter name="resolution">72</nmwg:parameter>

Why does it assume that I have these averages available in my RRD? Is it
required that I have these particular periods maintained by my RRD?

- Is it possible to search interfaces by specifying subnet only (rather
than the whole IP address) or by specifying a string to be searched in
interface description? I think that this would be more useful than
searching for IP addresses, since IP addresses change from time to time,
but interface descriptions are assumed to always show where the interface
goes.

- What is the meaning of time selection next to interface search
field? Is it meant to search for interface addresses that were present in the
past, but changed later and thus cannot be found in default 90 minutes
interval?

- perfSONAR UI works with our MA when I specify NMWG2v2_netutil schema.
Can someone point me to the exact differences between schemas (such as
between NMWG2v2_netutil and NMWG2v2)?

Our RRD MA is not opened to public, but if anyone wants to connect to it,
send me you subnet and I will include it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sven Ubik

  • perfSONAR UI questions (fwd), Sven Ubik, 03/19/2006