perfsonar-user - Re: [I2G2-Proto] New erro in LS

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [I2G2-Proto] New erro in LS

  • From: Maciej Glowiak <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [I2G2-Proto] New erro in LS
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:19:19 +0100

Hi Herbert,

napisał(a):
Hi all,

Thanks Maciej for the previous reply. But my LS instalation still presents problems.
What it happened with the "ExistXMLDatabaseAccess.java" file in LS release
(alpha version in wiki)?

The "ExistXMLDatabaseAccess.java"
file was removed and replaced by ExistDbXmlStorageManager.

Right, we also changed names of properties which are responsible for DB configuration. I might have not updated LS Installation page, sorry.

[java] faultString:
org.perfsonar.service.commons.exceptions.SystemException:
XmlTypeLSServiceEngine: Can't obtain database configuration from service
config file
[java] org.perfsonar.service.commons.exceptions.SystemException:
XmlTypeLSServiceEngine: Can't obtain database configuration from service
config file

I'am configure the service.properties (LS STORAGE) thus:

# Database username and password for ls_storage ---------------------------
component.ls_storage.db_access=org.perfsonar.service.lookupService.xmlAccess.existDB.ExistXMLDatabaseAccess
# ***CHANGE***
component.ls_storage.db_uri=xmldb:exist://localhost:8080/exist/xmlrpc/db/ls
# ***CHANGE***
component.ls_storage.db_username=lookupservice
# ***CHANGE***
component.ls_storage.db_password=sonar

Hmm, but I see you're using new, right "component.ls_storage.*" naming schema. But anyway ExistXMLDatabaseAccess is deprecated.

My LS configuration part is like:

# ServiceEngine Type
service.ls.class_name=org.perfsonar.service.lookupService.xmlType.XmlTypeLSServiceEngine

# Accepted requests
service.ls.message_types=LSQueryRequest,LSRegisterRequest,LSDeregisterRequest

# Database username and password for ls_storage
component.ls_storage.db_uri=xmldb:exist://localhost:8680/exist/xmlrpc/db/ls
component.ls_storage.db_username=lookupservice
component.ls_storage.db_password=sonar
(you also must set "service.r.type=ls")

and "component.ls_storage.db_access" isn't used any more. Now, the storage manager is loaded by components.properties file, which for LS should be like:

# file contains components to load
config=org.perfsonar.commons.auxiliary.components.configuration.properties.PropertiesConfigurationComponent
logger=org.perfsonar.commons.auxiliary.components.logger.log4j.Log4jLoggerComponent
ls_storage=org.perfsonar.service.commons.storage.xmldb.exist.ExistDbXmlStorageManager

You configure LS by setting these two files only and it should work well.

By the way, I am working on the new release of LS with MA registration and Jetty application server inside. It should be done in about 3 weeks.

OBS: My Exist is configured correctly therefore because I have loged with
"lookupservice" login and "sonar" passaword.

So, I suppose you're able to run Exist's client.sh and log into the database?

Maciej

  • New erro in LS, herbert . souza, 01/16/2006
    • Re: [I2G2-Proto] New erro in LS, Maciej Glowiak, 01/17/2006