perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] Fwd: Re: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday March 31st 2023 @ 2pm ET

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] Fwd: Re: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday March 31st 2023 @ 2pm ET

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: , perfsonar-announce <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] Fwd: Re: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday March 31st 2023 @ 2pm ET
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 06:42:08 -0700

Greetings All;

Be aware of this webinar occurring tomorrow.  It will be recorded for those that cannot attend live.

Thanks;

-jason

On March 30, 2023 at 9:30:25 AM, Jason Zurawski () wrote:

Greetings All;

Reminder on this talk, occurring tomorrow.

Thanks;

-jason

On March 27, 2023 at 8:18:44 AM, Jason Zurawski () wrote:

Greetings All;

The next CI Eng Lunch & Learn talk will occur Friday March 31st 2023 @ 2pm ET.  The speakers will be Andy Lake from ESnet and the perfSONAR Development Team, and he will be talking about “Getting Ready for perfSONAR 5.0”.  Here is a quick abstract for the talk:

The release of 5.0 is only a few weeks away bringing with it major changes including replacement of the current Esmond data archive with Opensearch (an Apache licensed derivative of Elasticsearch). This talk will cover what you need to do to prepare including how to test with the latest beta version, highlight potential breaking changes and the impact on historical data. We'll also highlight what to expect post-5.0 in terms of additional features and OS support. This talk should be of interest to anyone currently running a perfSONAR host or looking to start using it.

N.B. The Zoom number for 2023 remains the same as before, connecting via computer preferred if you want to see materials, etc.  We ask that everyone *MUTE* on entry:

Join Zoom Meeting

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,804696793# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,804696793# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 804 696 793
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aboUJCvWEZ

Join by SIP

Join by H.323
162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
221.122.88.195 (China)
115.114.131.7 (India)
213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
202.177.207.158 (Australia)
209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
69.174.57.160 (Canada)
Meeting ID: 804 696 793

Some other reminders and notes:

 - The next couple of talks as scheduled are:

1)  Mar 31, 2023: Andy Lake / ESnet & perfSONAR Dev Team - “Getting Ready for perfSONAR 5.0”
2)  April 7, 2023: None Scheduled
3)  April 14, 2023: Jeronimo Bezerra / FIU - “Microbursts”

 - We need volunteers!  For those wishing to sign up, send an email indicating you want to present!

 - If you wish to invite others from your campus, please do (the zoom can support a very large number of people - more the better)

 - I have posted info on prior recordings to this location:

 - We use YouTube as well:

Thanks;

-jason

  • [perfsonar-announce] Fwd: Re: CI Engineering Lunch & Learn - Friday March 31st 2023 @ 2pm ET, Jason Zurawski, 03/30/2023