perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] Security Patch to perfSONAR Docker Container

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] Security Patch to perfSONAR Docker Container

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To:
  • Cc: perfsonar-announce <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] Security Patch to perfSONAR Docker Container
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 12:32:00 -0300

All,

We have just pushed a patch to the perfSONAR Testpoint Docker container that prevents the Memcached port from being exposed to the Internet in containers using the macvlan network driver.

The new images are available for the latest, systemd, v4.4.4 and v4.4.4-systemd tags. To install the new version, run “docker pull perfsonar/testpoint:systemd” and restart the container.

No action is required for the RPM- or Debian-based testpoint or toolkit bundles or any other system where the perfsonar-toolkit-security package is installed.

We appreciate your understanding with this issue; please let us know if you have any questions. Special thanks to Johann Hugo from SANReN for reporting this issue.

Thank you,
The perfSONAR Development Team

  • [perfsonar-announce] Security Patch to perfSONAR Docker Container, Andrew Lake, 09/01/2022